Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ginger Ale Turkey - 2 meals in 1!

Dinner #1
Dinner #2

Sorry for the lack of blog entries the past couple of weeks... my newborn baby has been keeping me busy! But she is now sleeping through the night so hopefully I will be able to start posting some more dinners.

Here is a recipe I got from my grandmother... very simple and the turkey is so moist and delicious! I made a couple changes to the original recipe and it still turned out perfect so feel free to alter things as well and let me know how it turns out. We ate the turkey with quinoa and carrots the first night and the second night I cut up the turkey and put it in a pita with cheese, tomatoes and sprouts. So if you are going to make it.. might as well make enough for two dinners.

1 can of ginger ale ** I didn't have ginger ale so I used Sprite
7-8 lb turkey breast, bone in and with skin ** I bought turkey drumsticks instead of breasts
season salt

Begin with turkey at room temperature. Place turkey in baking dish and pour can of soda over the turkey. Let sit for one hour and turn once or twice. Pour off most of the soda, season with season salt or whatever seasoning you like. Put a little water in the pan. Bake in oven at 475 for 30 minutes then turn oven off and leave in for about one hour. IMPORTANT NOTE: do not open the oven once the oven is turned off... until the hour is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment