Thursday, June 16, 2011

Marinated Chicken and Sauteed Swiss Chard




Summer is here and now I need to start planning ahead for dinner. We typically like to go to the pool in the afternoon but that means the minute we walk in the door at 5pm the kids are hungry and tired so dinner has to be ready or fixed up quick! This dinner worked out for this purpose and we were all fed and happy by 6pm last night! I marinated the chicken while the kids slept in the afternoon and when we got home from the pool I threw it in my skillet and while it cooked I chopped up the swiss chard and threw that in another skillet with some olive oil, and Borsari seasoning) to cook until it wilted down (only takes a couple of minutes).

Chicken Marinade:
4 whole chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
1 bunch spring onions (or scallions) chopped
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 small bunch of fresh basil, torn into pieces

Put above ingredients in a glass bowl and let marinate at least 30 minutes.

To cook, I used my cast iron skillet (but any skillet will do).
Heat over high heat skillet, put in chicken and pour marinade in as well. Cook until browned on one side and then flip each piece of chicken and cook until cooked through. You can cover it so it cooks through quicker.

Serve with a side of sautéed swiss chard.


No comments:

Post a Comment