Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Corned Beef with Veggies over Sauteed Cabbage


So here is my spin on the traditional corned beef and cabbage. I am not a fan of the boiled veggies and cabbage so next time i might leave them all out and cook the corned beef separately. But I have to say, this was very easy.... especially because I used the crock pot and didn't touch it until dinner time. I served this with Irish Soda Bread... my favorite!!

Corned Beef
Place carrots, parsnips, onion and potatoes in bottom of crock pot. Put corned beef over vegetables and add enough water to just cover the meat. Cook on low for 8 hours or until fork goes threw easily. Remove meat and vegetables and keep warm, discard liquid. Serve over sauteed cabbage.

Sauteed Cabbage (from Barefoot Contessa)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 small cabbage
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

Cut cabbage in half and slice it very thinly. Discard the core. Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, kosher salt, and pepper and saute about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and starts to brown. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment