Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken with Sage and Stuffing



My sister (who isn't much of a cook... no offense Case!) made this recipe she found on the Whole Foods iPhone App and said it was O.K. I immediately downloaded the app because it sounded like something I would love and instantly I found a handful of recipes that sounded delicious (including this recipe). I bought all the ingredients and made it the other day... it was absolutely delicious! The chicken fell right off the bone... it was so tender and juicy. Great make ahead meal and perfect for fall!!! I doubled the recipe because I made half for a friend who just had a baby so you could definitely cut this in half if you don't want this much... but is is great as leftover too! I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (I'll post that recipe too!) to round out the meal... wonderful! Here is my adapted recipe below:

2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced

5 carrots, chopped into pieces

1 cup chicken broth

1 cup dry white wine

2 clove garlic, finely chopped

2 tablespoon chopped sage

10 bone-in, skinned chicken thighs

1 teaspoon paprika

Salt and pepper, to taste

1 (10-ounce) package stuffing mix with cranberries, prepared according to package directions (from Whole Foods)

Arrange onions in the bottom of a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot or slow cooker and top with carrots. Pour broth and wine over vegetables, then sprinkle garlic and sage over the top. Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper and arrange on top of vegetables. Cover and cook on the low heat setting until chicken and vegetable are very tender, about 8 hours. Serve alongside stuffing.


1 comment: